Friday, March 8, 2013

A New Apartment!

Hi all, Happy Weekend if your in my time zone, otherwise Happy Friday! :)

Today (our Friday) we moved into our new apartment! It is on base, and nothing spectacular...yet. Right now we have the very most basic temporary furniture that the government provides....only a full bed a tiny couch and a table and chairs. On Monday we will receive our smaller shipment-- which includes lots of our kitchen items! I have never been so excited to cook in my entire life. Then later in March or maybe in April we will receive the rest of our household goods. This entire move has made me so much more grateful for what I do have.

Our apartment is located in one of several "towers" (aka tall apartment buildings) on base. It is a two bedroom and has more square footage than our previous apartment but it is definitely not as fancy. No granite here! All the floors are tile--an adjustment period will be needed for this flooring. Thank God for Shark Steam Mops! It's government housing, we knew it wouldn't be fabulous but we are more than taken care of here. 

After we "moved" our suitcases in I spent the day disinfecting EVERYTHING and doing laundry-- happy dance for our own laundry room in the apartment! Ryan spent the day trying to set up the Internet and creating our wifi, after many hours we finally figured it out. Phew. I can blog.

I am attaching the link to our apartment pictures via the website here. I will post pictures of our bare minimum set up soon and of course another tour when we get all our things!

This weekend we don't have much planned except probably some more exploring and possibly venturing to Tokyo Sunday. Shibuya will be our first visit in Tokyo-- lots of shopping, I'm sold. And for some crazy reason we haven't had sushi yet so we plan on going to a popular sushi place off base tomorrow! I plan to take lots of pictures. 

Tonight, since we have no T.V., we are both totally engrossed in our laptops watching different TV shows. I'm finishing Girls and drinking wine. Girls is AWESOME by the way. 

Have a fabulous weekend!

XOXO
Ashley



2 comments:

  1. Hoping for some color when your shipment arrives! Better start sewing up some curtains and pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on a military post too and the shark is my best friend :) Looks like youre settling in just fine :) Have fun this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete