Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers:

Q) Why don't you blog more often? I check your blog everyday and you never update it!

A) First of all, thank you for being such loyal followers! I know I have promised to blog more ever since I got to Japan and I could write every excuse in the book right here but I'll save your time. I have every intention of blogging more often than I do.

Q) Are you enjoying living in Japan so far?

A) Yes! We are getting more and more adjusted every day. It's a routine to be "normal" during the weekdays and explore Japan(ish) things on the weekends. The hardest part was and is the food--but we are managing. Yes we have an American(ish) grocery store but the options are not endless as they are in the states-- and I'm picky, its hard. Oh, and the part where you can't get in the car and drive to Panera or Starbucks. That part sucks.

Q) What is the weather like?

A) Are you trying to make small talk with me? Just kidding! Apparently we are about the same latitude as Norfolk, VA for a comparison. It's Spring here. It is cold and rainy most days and nice and sunny some days. If I was better about converting Celsius to Fahrenheit (Side Note: Whoever decided that America should be on a totally different system of measurements was ridiculous! I needed more centimeters, liters, and Celsius in my life as a child!) I would tell you the temperature it typically is.....instead I will tell you that we wear light jackets most days.

Q) How is driving?

A) I have only driven on base but honestly after one day it has been a breeze. It seems so silly but the hardest part is making sure you use your opposite hands for the blinker and or windshield. It is SO SCARY when you are going to make your first turn driving the wrong opposite way, you go to hit your blinker, and the windshield wipers fly on. Profanity was involved! Ryan is driving more so now my biggest hurdle is walking up to the correct side of the car to be a passenger....I do it wrong all the time!

Q) Is it Cherry Blossom season yet?

A) Yes! And its soooooooooooo much more beautiful than you can ever imagine. These trees are everywhere on and off base.


That's all for today....I will be doing a full post on Cherry Blossom season in a few days, its so worthy!


Here is a preview of my next post....

Whoever can correctly guess what is in this photo wins a special prize delivered from me!

XO
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. The cherry blossoms are beautiful; can't wait for about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you updates :) take your time sweetie - youre going through a huge transition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am IN LOVE with your design go hubby jack! I can't wait to hear all of your updates its almsot your birthday yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow Iowa girl here! Transplanted as well (except I'm in SoCal, which sometimes feels like another planet)! Discovered you via Hubby Jack and knew I had to follow your adventures.
    Can't wait to hear more about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete