Thursday, April 4, 2013

Couch Potatoes

Let it be known that I had a very in depth blog post planned for today but the headache from hell has been with me all day so I will save it for another day and talk about the TV instead...

It might sound silly but Ryan and I have spent more than our fair share of time arguing over who's "show" we were going to watch on any given night. So today I am sharing our marriage friendly television favorites that clog our DVR. Some I hated at first and some Ryan hated at first but now we are hooked on them all! You might ask, "Why do I care what TV shows the Nelson's watch?" Well, because when anyone recommends a TV show to me I try and watch it at least once..and 9 out of 10 times I end up loving it. And because we are couch potatoes lately on weeknights so how else can I tell you what we are up to?!

First: Modern Family
It just never gets old. On ABC.

Second: Bar Rescue
This is a new favorite for us....it follows Bar Experts as they "Rescue" failing bars across America, its disgusting too. Whatever you do, do not try and eat while watching this show. That being said its a great show on Spike!

Third: The Voice
I honestly had NO idea Ryan would like this show....but we both love it Blake Shelton. He is always a hot mess but ends up winning the seasons?! Oh and we love a good argument about who is good and who sucks! On NBC.


Fourth: Chopped
A competition show on the Food Network that we love. At the beginning of each show the four chefs give a short bio and then Ryan and I pick who is going to win the competition...because I can make anything competitive. Being the semi-feminist I am, I almost always pick the a woman chef! 

Fifth: Love It or List It
On HGTV(Home and Garden Television)....I will admit Ryan only watches this because I'm obsessed with HGTV but I swear he likes it! At the end of the show the owners get to choose if they will stay in their current renovated home or move...thus Ryan and I can compete to guess if they will "Love It" or "List It". 

Sixth: Duck Dynasty
I cannot believe I am even saying this. I thought this show was for rednecks only...now I'm from Iowa and I know how to gravel travel but I'm pretty far from a full blown redneck. Ryan watched this show so I finally started watching and found myself laughing so hard at these grown rednecks who are millionaires. It is complete junk TV and you might be less intelligent for watching it but you will laugh! On A&E.

Seventh: New Girl
Amazing....closest show to "Friends" our generation will ever have--on FOX!


Jeez, we like to compete, but I swear we love each other! Check these shows out if they seem appealing at all! What shows do you watch that Ryan and I should check out? 




5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the headache girl, I can totally relate and they suck! Hope you get to feeling better! Also, Chopped is my favorite... freakin' love that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are the same way about "our" shows! Last night I convinced him to get caught up on Duck Dynasty with me (probably my fav show right now!). He admitted after we'd cleaned the DVR that it's HILARIOUS!
    We're also huge Modern Family and The Voice fans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just found your blog and it really takes me back to the early days of my marriage (I've now been married 27 yrs). My husband was in the Army, stationed in Germany, and we lived there for 2 1/2 yrs. Those were some of the happiest yrs of my life. Please take advantage of living in a foreign country and travel and learn as much as you can. We didn't have much money back then, but it didn't cost much to drive around and explore. Also, check to see if there are any reduced price guided tours available to military families. That is a great way to see the country. Use this time, before you have kids, to do all you can. Good luck and God bless,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we didn't get TV reception where we were living, so we could only watch movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out Happy Endings. We love that show, it has a very "Friends" vibe. Isn't it funny that our generation keeps looking to replace the hole that friends left in our tv viewing. It was such a great show!

    And I'm with you on Duck Dynasty too. I put it off for so long but finally caved and now I love it! The one where Willie took Sadie dress shopping had me in tears laughing.

    ReplyDelete