Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The junk in my trunk, purse edition.

Happy Wednesday! You know what that means, girly post!

Today I am linking up with Erin and Mel a day early for their Purse Party--basically a nosy curious way to see what women carry in their purses....you can learn a lot about a girl by what she carries in her  purse.

button

First let's address what purse I haul around...Kate Spade Cobble Hill Little Minka in Black
 

This purse was a present from Ryan for surviving an eight month deployment --and I received in in August. I love it so so much, its practical and pretty. 99% of the time I wear it across my body. It is fabulous for being on the go, especially when traveling! And I cannot forget to mention the leather is buttery soft! Sorry the Kate Spade website pictures are terrible! I also have the matching wallet.


 I will admit I am kind of a purse minimalist. I clean out my purse at least twice a week. I have always loved big purses but I've never been one to carry the crap to fill one....maybe when I have kids?!

The crap I always have:
Gum--Orbit Bubble Mint and Sweet Mint
Lip Balm- Burt's Bees Original (THE BEST)
Lip Gloss- Tarte 
Sunglasses
Camera
Stamps (I'm old fashioned)
Random piles of receipts
Single Dollars and too many Yen

There was no pen in my purse when I emptied it out but I typically have one....

These little piles are why I clean out my purse often, they drive me crazy! Who else has Japanese and American receipts....booyah!
Here is a close up of my Dollar and Yen pile. At any given time I have Dollars  OR Yen on me but never the right cash for what I am purchasing. (Off base you can only use Yen, on base some places take Dollars only.)  It's becoming quite the problem when my Yen and American change are all mixed up and my Yen bills and American bills are combined. And NO, most places you cannot just pull out your Debit Card aka your "Debbie". To say the least its quite frustrating!


Sometimes I wish I had a plethora of items in my purse but other times I'm happy its simple. I can't wait to see what other ladies carry around with them daily!


10 comments:

  1. "debbie" literally made me LOL. I love my debit card. why does yen have holes in it? weird. LOVE the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! You can't just swipe your card? I never carry cash. Ever. I'd probably die over there.

    LOVE your bag. Looks like I know what's going on my birthday/Christmas list. :)

    Those piles of junk are always in my purse. They drive.me.nuts! Speaking of which, I should probably go clean that out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that does sound frustrating! Especially not being able to use your debit card... that's become such a way of life for me! I loove your bag too and especially the wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I would be in big trouble over there -- my debit card is my life! And I absolutely love the original Burt's Bees lip balm.. amazing stuff!

    -- Emily @ runninglikeamother.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that purse soooo much. I didn't know they have it in a nude as well.. love both!! Hope you're well, miss ya sista.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely gift! that purse is amazing for sure!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look of the blog! Besides all the junk in my purse I get to carry Lily's stuff that she is too tired to carry but she must have them - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look of the blog! Besides all the junk in my purse I get to carry Lily's stuff that she is too tired to carry but she must have them - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your purse! You have lot of cool and different stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the Purse link up :) I find it very exciting that you have both Japanese and American receipts and money in your purse at all time.. Ive dreamed of going to Japan for years!! I am your new follower and will live vicariously though you Maw-ha-ha-ha! :)

    http://rwilliams2009.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete