Monday, February 11, 2013

A look inside... our Living Room! And I sewed a pillow!

Sorry this post took so long we had an inspection no show who really slowed our day down!

Hope you all enjoyed a peek inside our bedroom and bathroom-- I was as little worried these posts were too out there but I personally love looking at other peoples places and getting inspiration for my own and I wish so badly that I would have taken pictures of my first apartment to look back on now! Our living room is where we spend most of our time it has a big open feel that is nice and the 9 foot ceilings help with the openness too!

Our Floor plan
Please note that our furniture is NOT set up this way!


Ta-Da! Here is the best picture I could get of the whole set up we have. Our furniture (couch, love seat, chair and ottoman) are from JCPenny Home in 2010. They are beige microfiber and have held up decently well. Its not cramped but the furniture isn't spaced out at all either...it works for us and the room. Throw pillows and blankets are from Target. On the far left hand side of the picture you will see an iron cross it is from Francesca's boutique...(side note: its not exactly my style but it fits perfectly on this wall, so it lives!) The large mirror is from Marshall's I found it on clearance and jumped up and down! I love it! The side table is a hand me down from the family I previously nannied for and the vases and frames are from Target. That particular vase holds a candle. 

 This is the chevron pillow on the love seat, and drum roll please.......I MADE IT! Sewed it with my own hands with my spankin new sewing machine (thanks Korbel's)! Since I'm on hiatus from school I was super bored and decided I could open my sewing machine and practice threading it etc and then make one project before putting it back in the box for the movers. The fabric is from JoAnn. This is my sewing machine and I recommend the following tutorials....First check out Sewing 201  its a great overview and I love her blog in general. From that I refreshed what my Mom taught me many moons ago with this Learn to Sew series. And from that I followed this envelope back pillow tutorial. The lines aren't perfectly straight but I am so proud of that pillow and itching to get my hands onto more. 


This is our media area. It is far from perfect and there are too many cords in this picture for my eye to divert away from....yikes! The shelves are both cheap-o from Target. The magazine basket is Home Goods and the little beige boxes are from Michael's...they are actually photo boxes but I use them a lot for everything but photos. You can also see Ryan's obnoxious video game headphones in this picture....seriously they are huge but I don't have to listen to the games anymore. Two Thumbs Up! 


Overall this room is very cozy and we spend too much time as couch potatoes because of that. With more $$$$ and less laziness I would change the entertainment "center" and then add the sconces I have in the storage unit to the wall space next to the mirror. I envision a coffee table too if we had more space. I love coffee table books and decor!


Stay tuned for a look inside our kitchen, dining and laundry rooms tomorrow and then finally our desk nook the following day along with some other posts! Don't by shy we like hearing your feedback please leave us a comment to let us know your reading!

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. You make your Mom proud - keep it up Ashley.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of taking photos of every place you've lived!! I wish I had pics of some of the places we've resided over the years. Also, that chevron pillow you made is so dang cute! I can't wait to see what else you make :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete