Sunday, February 24, 2013

Flight Plans and my Oscar worthy Review.

It's Monday. Which, to me, only means two more nights until we begin our adventure to Japan. Stressed would be an understatement. My anxiety is through the roof...I have double checked ALL of our paperwork at least three times. After some research I discovered that on the 27th we only fly to Seattle. (Ryan's unchecked emails are never to be trusted.) We arrive in Seattle at around 11 AM and then have the entire day to ourselves and stay in a hotel in Seattle that evening. Early the 28th we venture back to the airport and will travel via military aircraft to Yokota Air Force Base and then we will take a shuttle to Atsugi, our new home base.

What does all this newly found information mean? We have almost an entire day to explore Seattle, a place neither of us have visited. Oh, and the fact that we are not flying commercial air for a ten hour flight. I have been assured it is not going to be as rough as I am picturing it but... pray for me. Ryan is not near as stressed or anxious as I am because, well, he's been all over the world with the Navy and he has done most of this before.

Since I know you are all waiting at the edge of your seats to see what we did this weekend I will let you in on a little secret, it starts with a no and ends with a thing. Literally, nothing.

But I did watch the Oscars. Aside from being bored at least half the show I thought the good parts were good and I was pleased with the winners. Ryan and I have seen Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, Django Unchained, and Les Miserables and plan to see the rest of the nominees soon. If you haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook you need to, ASAP.

I was so happy Argo won Best Picture, I love Ben Affleck. I want to see Argo again soon. Also thrilled for Ms. Lawrence on her Best Actress Oscar. Sometimes I fall too, Jennifer. I like a girl who keeps it real.

Shout out to my girls Jennifer Hudson and Adele. Loved it.

Speaking of girls I like, can we talk red carpet? My favorites included Michelle Obama, Catherine Zeta Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner, and Charlize Theron. My least favorites included Anne Hathaway and Kristin Stewart.

Kristin Stewart forgot grooming basics 101 and a brush. I couldn't help but wonder how she smelled.

Lastly, Seth MacFarlane made me gasp at all his,"Oh, no he didn't!" jokes and laugh out loud. For a girl who hates all the characters he plays I was pleasantly surprised.

But now, since I didn't win an Oscar, I will shut up.

Happy Monday, here's to hoping you made it out the door looking better than Kristen Stewart!

P.S. If you have any Seattle suggestions we would love them!

XOXO
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing silver linings tomorrow! I can't believe you leave so soon! SO glad Ben and Jennifer both won. Love them. Also Loved J Laws dress and Noemi watts was cool too. I agree with anne (it was so simple and just was wrong.. and did kristen just decide to ditch the crutches so she could wobble across stage to present? I didn't get it haha

    ReplyDelete