Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This one is for the girls -- my Valentine for myself!

Hey Girl Hey! Happy Valentine's Week, I am so thankful I am happily married and therefore do not have to mope in singleness for the entire week day. I have so been there. But this Valentine's Day I decided to reach back into my single days and buy myself a me, myself, and I gift. Obviously it was going to be something designer, from Target, or if you know me best....it was going to be makeup.

I am a self proclaimed make up junkie and I always have been. Unfortunately for my pocket book its always been the "good" make up, hardly ever drugstore brands. I blame my mother for this, she took me to Estee Lauder when I was probably eleven to get my first lesson...she used to spoil me with gobs of Clinique too. Those were my go-to's in middle school, along with anything in my Mom's make up bag I could steal without her noticing. Then I moved on to Lancome. (And there was that one time Cassie took me to get Cat Eyes and won me over as my brother's cool new girlfriend at the Lancome counter). Then came the Bare Minerals boom. Then MAC. And in between you of course have some Mary Kay and Urban Decay and Benefit. Along the way I picked and chose what products I liked best from each line. And I ALWAYS bought every product recommended by any friend, magazine, or website.

Enter....Tarte.

Long story short its my new go to makeup because it works and because it is free from all the bad stuff most makeup is formulated with. From the Tarte website, "All tarte products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrances." Why does this matter? Our skin is our biggest organ and as women we slap these products on every. single. day not thinking about the chemicals and crap they are formulated with....I'm not perfect I still use products that aren't chemical free but as I keep transitioning to more natural, chemical free ways it was certainly nice to find Tarte along the way.

Here is the kit I bought for my gift to myself:





Awhhhh yeah, all that glory arrived yesterday. And you know I played with it. I mean seriously a chevron bag and brush!

Its from QVC. I love QVC, so sue me. They have the best deals on tons of brands you probably already buy....don't feel like you are a Grandma for buying on there, just do it...especially when it's a Today's Special Value like this kit was! Its still a pretty great deal now too. Click on the link for a more detailed description too.

Here's my review.

I had already previously had the foundation and the exact same brush just not colorful and chevron. It rocks my socks off...after reading I found I had been applying too much which makes it look weird with your pores. A little goes along way and makes it last forever. Its called 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundations and it really lasts but I'm not about to say it lasts 12 hours because I touch my face way too often. I wear the light shade. If you are too chicken to buy offline because of color choice head into Sephora or Ulta and try it out for yourself!

That brush is magic.

The blush is the color fearless and wears exactly like the ever popular orgasm blush from Nars, so its universally a good color.

The lipstick color is plummy rose. I don't typically wear lipstick but Tarte got me hooked on their glosses and this color is perfect I think I might actually wear it in public! Its very moisturizing too! And just think you can lip your lips without tasting chemicals...

The small, long tube is the brow architect. Oh my goodness its amazing. I currently use the Benefit brow kit to define my brows and until about a year ago I never touched my brows. They frame your face, figure it out and help your brows help you! This pencil is a universal color and its shaped specifically for brows its not like an eyeliner pencil and it has a brush and a definer too.

The mascara is Lights, Camera, Flashes-- an update to Tarte's popular Lights, Camera, Lashes. I had NEVER tried there mascara because I have used the same Loreal mascara since forever and I was scared to try new....so surprised! It has short and long bristles to volumize and lengthen without giving you clumps. Its something like a 750% increase in lash volume. Crazy. And we all know mascara in the drugstore is full of nothing good for you...and then your eyes get irritated.

And on the far left hand side you can see a little white tube, its a sample of their self tanner. I will be
trying it and get back to you....I love me any sunless tan that doesn't require you becoming orange.

I already own these Tarte products below too. Four of the maracuja lip shine, four of the cashmere waterproof liners, and the 20 color eyeshadow box. Its also from QVC and I got it as a Christmas present for myself....its still available here. The eyeliners are amazing and last until you take them off! I wear the lipgloss and eyeshadow daily too. If its any testament I wore all these products below for my Wedding Reception and they stayed put the whole night!





Hopefully your intrigued to try Tarte now if you haven't already...there are many more products I want to get my hands on soon! Concealer is next, I'm still using MAC concealer and I'm scared nothing will compare!

And if your a single lady I recommend buying your self a present no guy would ever buy for you, maybe on Thursday, when retail therapy will be necessary! But if your a taken lady buy yourself one too! And in either case just dance to Beyonce and belt it out.

You can find Tarte at Ulta and Sephora...but beware of your wallet in those stores, its like candy land.

Tomorrow we will share our Valentine's Day plans and wish lists!

xoxo
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this post! Now I'm just gonna go have to go out and myself some new make-up goodies :) I'm following your blog now! yay for BBF!

    ReplyDelete