Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A peek inside....our Laundry Room and Desk Nook

Hellllo everyone! I know you are all stoked to see these rooms because they are so exciting! Just kidding! That's why I've got TWO posts coming at you today...a small Christmas miracle. The movers are coming Friday but all I seem to be doing is watching TV and blogging/reading other blogs. Woops. I'm the best procrasinator ever though so it should not be a problem?! Without further ranting here are the areas of our apartment we haven't overexposed yet!

 Our built in desk nook. Right now this area is an absolute paper disaster, try not to judge me. Every other area of the apartment always looks better than this and twice a month, read: when I pay the bills, I go OCD and clear it up. Its all my mess, Ryan never touches it! Right now its full of chaos because I'm trying to decide which paperwork we need and which paperwork is ok to send in the move. Panic. The chair is Martha Stewart Home Office from Staples. The rest of the items are probably from Staples or Target. 

 A closer look at the chaos. I have a framed inspirational card from my friend Sydney and picture of me with the family I previously nannied for and some love notes from Ryan hanging up so I can read them and swoon over him procrastinate. Also, if you don't frame notes, cards, etc. I suggest you start....even Nate Berkus says so!

Here is the cupboards above the desk. Full disclosure: I am shocked I shared this picture but honesty rules. See more photo boxes from Michaels on the right hand side on top. The right hand side bottom shelf is my junk shelf, clearly. The left side is binders and on top extra paper, envelopes etc. 

Its very nice to have this built in nook since we only have a one bedroom apartment and no real area for  things that belong in an office!

 Here is the view as you walk from the kitchen to the laundry room, with the door open. 

 To the left is the washing machine. We use Method laundry detergent and fabric softener with a Downy ball. Also store our iron and paper bags in here.

 Here is a cute funny laundry room sign I got at Gordman's but its hard to notice it in this room. 


To the right is the dryer and on top of the dryer are extra vases/glass ware and extra candles. 

We are lucky to be in an apartment with our own laundry room but its annoying how they are separated like this because you cannot open the dryer door with the baskets as they are above....first world problems! Shout out to Ryan for being the best husband ever and putting laundry away because I will do everything but that! 

Woohoo! All done with our apartment tour, we will be sure to show you how things look in Japan....surely different! 

Happy Wednesday Everyone...otherwise known as the day in between Fat Tuesday and Valentine's Day!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl I got your comment but I can't email you back cuz you don't have the settings changed on your blogger :( email me at kadimarie28@gmail.com so I can email you back! Love, fellow Iowa girl :)

    ReplyDelete