Sunday, February 10, 2013

A look inside....our bedroom and bathroom!

 As I have been cleaning and preparing for the big move I thought it might be helpful for us in the future to look back at how our apartment was and fun for those who read this blog to see some pictures inside our apartment before we take everything down and move. I took most of these pictures before the first shipment movers came so you could get the real feeling of how it normally looks...except I picked up the pile of clothes on the floor that I am notorious for leaving. This is our very first apartment together and while its super pricey we both love it and it was worth every single penny for me to feel safe while Ryan was deployed for eight months--plus the amenities are amazing as well. This post will feature our bedroom and bathroom! Lets get to the pictures! Click on the links for the source of the products still available, from what I found, on the Internet. 

To better understand here is a floor plan of our apartment though the furniture is NOT set up this way.




Pictured above is our dresser, Hemnes 8- drawer dresser in white, from Ikea. It sits along the wall that divides the living room and the bedroom. On the top of the dresser from left to right is a silver vase from Gordman's filled with some cherry blossomish looking branches from Michaels along with a wooden frog from Thailand and a green candle next is a 32inch TV on top of our blu ray player and then two mercury glass candle sticks from the clearance shelves at Target and two flameless candles. We split the eight drawers evenly which is incredibly unfair....


Above is our bed, Hemnes bed frame-white, from Ikea. It is a hand me down from Tony & Cassie. The lamps are from Home Goods. The left night stand is mine, hence the picture of Ryan- its also a hand me down and from Ikea...Hemnes collection too but they no longer carry this exact night stand. The right night stand is Ryan's, it is solid oak and I made it in shop class in eighth grade and painted it white after we moved here. The bedding is West Elm Organic Pintuck Duvet Cover and Shams, they no longer carry the color we have since we bought it on clearance but here is the color I would love to have now in the same set. We have had it a while and it has stayed nice and washes well but it is so hard to iron those shams that I normally give up, so wrinkles exist. I love the Pintuck design though, here is the Target version I have eyed several times too.



This chevron throw pillow is from Home Goods and I am obsessed with it, mainly because its Chevron. I searched forever to find a pillow I liked that matched the bedding set! I would like a few more pillows like European shams but Ryan hates lots of pillows so I rest my case with five. 


The lamps are also Home Goods as mentioned above I scored them for like $20 each one day...they are a taupe/grey color and sort of a beehive shape with natural colored shades.  



This is my necklace holder from Hobby Lobby, its a piece of wood with two glass doorknobs and I made it work to hold my necklaces. 
 Above is the inside of our closet door. I use over the door hooks and hang my scarves, belts, small purses, and a  few sweatshirts here. Its great use of space and I recommend trying it!


Here is the inside of our walk in closet with lots of space. This picture was taken after lots of our clothes got packed for Japan. There are also spaces to the left and right of this photo. 

This picture is of the window and above it is a sign that read "Prayer Changes Things", it hung in my Mom's bedroom too and its a good reminder for us.
Above is our super cheap Target bookshelf in white, I honestly think it was $9 and I put it together, but it works for now. The bottom shelf is home to extra clothing storage in those bins, also from Target.

The middle shelf houses my beloved Audrey Hepburn book collection and other inspirational books of mine. The top shelf holds a very special Isabel Bloom statue that I gave my Mom and the mother of pearl box is from Home Goods and the rest of my jewelry (not necklaces) is in that box. On the top is a pearl vase that I got at Target on clearance and two pictures of Ryan and I. 

That wraps up the bedroom tour....it's pretty cozy but I would change a few things if I had a bigger budget and more time. First up, I would finish the project I have started for above the bed and second I would buy night stands that are the same--it drives me CRAZY! And of course I would change the paint but white it is when you live in an apartment! 

Here is the view when you walk into the bathroom. Its a very long and narrow room, but has TONS of counter space which I love and of course who doesn't love some neutral granite?! The shower curtain is   from Bed Bath & Beyond seen here. We actually have sliding glass shower doors behind that so there is no need for a curtain but it looks better this way! 

 Here is the other view of the counter top- we have a medicine cabinet to the left side. Lots of storage in here which rocks my socks off, sad to leave it. I like to keep minimal things on top of the counter because clutter isn't cool. We keep Q-Tips and our toothpaste and brushes on near the sink. The toothbrushes are actually in a glass container that used to hold a candle. Once you use up the candle pop the whole jar into the freezer and then the wax will break apart with some knife work when you pull it out of the freezer, wash it out and you have glass jars galore...seriously I use them for everything!

The best part of the whole entire apartment that I will be most sad to leave! The roman bath tub...I take a bubble bath all the time, this thing is HUGE!

Another view!


We have one of these shower heads that we bought at Bed Bath & Beyond and its amazing! I particularly love it for cleaning because you can rinse all the walls with the handheld! Crossing our fingers that it fits on the shower head in Japan...

 Here is our towel basket. I love "spa like" bathrooms so I tried this out...the basket is just a wire basket from Home Goods. Our towels are Ralph Lauren outlet and amazing. I believe in having nice linens and these are way affordable too!

 This vase is see through blue-ish and from Gordman's. I found these two dried looking flowers at Michael's and put them in the vase...they are so cool looking--I found them outside the regular floral section at Michael's too, in case your looking for something similar!
 Here is the cupboard. I like an organized bathroom, clearly, and yes I have labels on my plastic totes in case anyone ever got confused which container the cotton products were in....?
 Here is a picture of our dark grey rugs, also Home Goods and our typical linoleum flooring.

Oh, and in case you care what I clean our bathroom with.....I thought I'd share my true and tested favorites. From left to right. Mrs. Meyers All Purpose Cleaner for the floors, Mrs. Meyers Bathroom Cleaner, Green Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner....and this magic soap scum potion aka vinegar and Seventh Generation Dish Soap mixed together in the handle of this scrub brush .....no seriously, I just posted this so you would try the vinegar and dish soap in the handle of the scrub brush because it changed my life! These are all "green" non-toxic products and Mrs. Meyers cleaning products smell heavenly!

Thats it for the bathroom! I'm not crazy about the shower curtain anymore but otherwise I am content with this room and wouldn't change much, it has worked very well for us!

Hope you enjoyed the short tour, we will be back tomorrow to share the rest of the apartment with you! Leave a comment and let us know what you think and then go try that soap scum potion and be amazed!


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment