Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A peek inside....our Kitchen and Dining Room!

By the blog traffic I'm receiving you all aren't commenting much but you definitely like looking in on us! But its all good we love over sharing our apartment! Today we are sharing our kitchen, dining area, and entry way....I tried to snap some better pictures the lighting in the living room is terrible, sorry about that! Our living, dining, and kitchen are all the same big area-- I will be honest it looks pretty plain in these pictures but I normally spruce it up with seasonal decor. Also, the white walls jump off the picture way more than they do the eye, promise. Straight to the pictures!

Floor Plan- Once again furniture NOT arranged this way. 





Here is our dining room/area. The table is a counter height table from Homemakers in Iowa. I have had it a little over two years and its working out alright...I have a weird obsession with nice HUGE dining tables that seat 10 but this one will do for now and the color is great! The clock is from Marshall's and its alright but it looks oh so lonely up on that plain white wall. I try, I try. I usually have a runner or something besides a plain lonely candle on the table but I'm not about to dig out all that I have packed away! Below are two pictures from the summer when it had some fresh cut flowers and the table runner!




Ahhhhh, white tulips! So springy and fresh!







 Beautiful, bold purple I have no idea what these flowers are but I loved them!








Here you can see how the dining area flows into the kitchen. Trash can and my super cute handmade recycling bin. Green Paint + Target Clearance Container = Perfect Recycling Bin
We also put up those corner shelves which are perfect for Ryan's wallet and change-- cookbooks and recipes up top. Shelves from Target. 


A look into the kitchen! Its a galley kitchen and works pretty great for us. We have a gas stove and dishwasher! SCORE! The granite is great too. The door at the back of the photo and kitchen is the laundry room.


This is the view from the living area into the kitchen. The counter you see closest is higher sort of like one you could use for bar stools but not wide enough--it collects junk as we walk through the door! 

Here is the sink, dishwasher, Keurig side of the kitchen. Also the pantry is next to the Keurig.

We own the this Keurig by Cuisinart. Its ammmmazing, my first Keurig went out--if your Keurig hasn't brace yourself, its terrible. This one is on the higher end but I use it at least three times a day because it has on the spot hot water which I use for tea, hot cocoa, and oatmeal along with my K-Cup coffee. And bonus it has a HUGE reservoir so you don't have to refill it as often which works because I'm lazy busy. Our K-Cup Carousel pictured is this one and almost empty because we cannot ship K-Cups. If they do not have K-Cups at the Navy Exchange in Japan I will be posting an SOS on here! 
This photo is a view of the oven/stove and the fridge side of things. On top of the fridge is our wine and spirits. We store our blender on the counter because we use it often (I desperately want a Vita Mix, saving my pennies!). Next to the stove I keep onions and garlic in an apothecary jar along with S&P and olive oil spray. Then we have our overflowing fruit bowl, which is from Pier 1 recently but I cannot find it online!  


Entry way! Here is where we enter our quaint apartment. We have a pretty good sized coat closet to the left. On the door we have a dry erase sticker from the Martha Stewart collection at Staples. Its awesome, we write notes to each other on it all the time...its right in your face as your leaving so you don't forget it! We also hung our chalkboard to the right on the wall between the entry way and kitchen. 
It holds keys, headphones, and chalk 24/7. The saying on it has been there since July--oops?! We also have our current Ruzzle scores on the chalk board... we are seriously competitive and the glory of adding a tally mark to your total is so sweet!


Above the door is this little sign that reads, "Find the Wonderful In Today". I love it above the door, a nice little reminder. Its from Gordman's.



There you have it! Hopefully you enjoyed it. We use our kitchen and dining room often and they have worked well for us. You can always wish for bigger and better but we know we have it pretty nice in this apartment! I wouldn't change anything in these areas except the plain white walls, that clock is so lonely!

We will finish up with the laundry room and desk nook tomorrow! Leave a comment, let us know what you think! Happy Tuesday!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment